Its only a couple of days to go and we will be at the Mastercraft Boards and BBQ Groms Wake Comp.
Wow! What a week it has been with the health warning issued for Lake Maraetai due to Algal Bloom, but with the vast improvement of the water quality in the past few days, we are now back on track for a cacker day!
We are hoping the weather gods will give us a break for saturday but even if it is wet, we will still be running the event. It will be up to our discretion on the conditions weather we will be running two rounds or if the weather dictates, we may reduce to one round and placings will be awarded on that first round. If we deem the conditions to be unsafe for the riders and/or spectators at any stage through the event, we will cancel the event immediately. We sure hope that this will not eventuate on the day. There is no backup day. Fingers crossed....
I thought I would take this opportunity to give you some important details for the day….as many of you are new to this type of event and just in case you were wondering
• You need to be down at the lake at 7.00 am, in front of the bus stop café we have a tent
• You need to check in at the registration desk at the tent, there you need to have your parent sign the disclaimer form if you haven’t already on your entry form, this needs to be signed before you can ride.
• Nathan Wilson from The Clinic will be scruitineering your boards and bindings and life vest will be checked for safety and will place a PASSED sticker on your board once they have checked it. BROKEN BINDINGS or UNSAFE VESTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THIS COMP so make sure your gear is up to scratch! If you end up on the Dock Boat without a passed sticker on your board, YOU WILL NOT RIDE! - No exceptions!
• Once we have registered you and checked off you have paid we will give you your registration pack of goodies.
• The Riders Briefing is at 7.30am This is where the we will explain things to you, like how many falls you are allowed and what you need to do. First rider off the dock 8.00am sharp!
• We have 40 riders so we really need your help to run the day to time, its going to be an action packed long one….so please pay attention to the MC, when he calls your heat to the dock, if you arent there ready to go when your heat is being transported sorry you miss out.
You will get 2 passes each ride and you will have 1 ride in the morning (your first heat) and 1 ride in the afternoon, (your 2nd heat) each pass is approx 340mtrs long. There will be a ¾ bouey at the end of your second pass, this will be your wild card area where you can throw that special trick you have been working on!
• The MC will call you when you need to get ready to go down to the jetty.
You need to listen out for him to call your Division he will also call your name
• Take to the jetty – your board, rope, vest, helmet (if you wear one) Rookies we will supply you the rope, this will already be on the tow boat.
The docking boat will come and get you from the jetty before your heat – be ready. Please be careful when getting on and loading your gear onto the docking boat. Take your time and be patient and listen to the orders from the docking boat driver.
• When it is your turn to ride, let the tow boat know your rope length and your speed. If you fall during your ride you will be picked up by the tow boat unless you have used all your falls and then the pick up boat/jet ski will come and get you.
• When all riders have ridden your division the dock boat brings you in you must collect your rope from the jetty. We are not responsible for you losing your gear!
Prize giving will take place at the conclusion of the days event.
We have a BBQ planned. Each rider has a free sausage voucher in their registration pack and there will be some available cooked for sale, but please feel free to bring your own bbq things and kick back for a social time after the event.
We look forward to meeting you and hope you all have a great day……
Fay and Warren Haakma
- Phone number(s)0272037110
- Location(s) 1 Lake Road, Mangakino, Taupo, New Zealand 3421
- Please note that when this map isn’t using an address, the markers data depends on Google Maps’ contacts with data providers, and is subject to change.View larger map